Dougs D453s in a 1974 Duster

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about but know one has confirmed fitment of Dougs D453s in a 1974 Plymouth Duster with 318-360, pwr steeing, 727 transmission with column shift. Is there anyone out there who has added D453 to a 73-76 Duster with pwr steering and 727 transmission with column shift, if so, did they work and how hard was the install? Doug's site says they will only work upto 1972's. I called Doug's and they would not commit one way or the other.

v/r
Ron

Put them on a few 73+ cars with PS.

727 is not a big deal with a mini starter.

Do you recall if any of those 727 cars were column shift?

I have just put a set in my 73 Dart 360. Was not really looking forward to installing them after reading some of the horror stories on here regarding install, but I can say it was a "piece of piss" . If you follow the instructions provided exactly as they say it is all good. I am a builder with a reasonable mechanical understanding & it took me roughly 5 1/2 hours start to finish with headers connected up to modified existing exhaust system. Look on dougs site at the foot notes for installation, it will tell you if they will fit coloum change. Good luck

Look on dougs site at the foot notes for installation, it will tell you if they will fit coloum change. Good luck

Yes... people rely on the info on summit's site and it is wrong!

-
Back