Doug's D453's On 73 Duster.....Some Help Please

-

Cruzin

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just purchased a set of Doug's D453's for my 73 Duster. I have spoken with a couple good people on the forum regarding the fitment of these on my car and I was hoping that someone who "Has" installed these on a 73 duster can shed some light for me before I even try to install these.
The car is a 318 (will be 360) , 904 trans, with manual steering. This car has the "Spool" mounts. Thanks "Crackedback" (Rob) for your earlier help. I just wanted to see if someone here also can verify they do fit. Some say yes....some say no.
I talked to Doug's (Pertronix) today and they "Think" they will fit. Well.. if they don't..I will have to sell them and get something different.Thanks to all that can help. Hopefully someone can say yes they will....

They fit.
1970Duster

Thank you sir for the help. Is there anything that I need to measure specifically or watch very closely upon the install? Some have said to watch for the steering coupler and / or steering box itself. Just trying to ask as many intelligent questions as possible to learn and maybe help others in the future.
Thanks again.

-
Back