Doug's Hearders for 71 Duster/Demon?

-

hux340

Reaction score
Hi All,
Bought a set of full length ceramic coated "Doug's Headers" part no. D453 for my 71 Demon 4 speed car. Mob I bought them from on ebay in the states said that they'll be right & correct for a 4 speed car. All they stipulated was that the Demon had to have a mini starter motor, which my car Dodge has.
Some of my mates here in Aust said that the clutch Z bar etc. might cause me grief.
Has anyone bought these for their 71 Duster/Demon 4 speeds with out any problems?
Please say no, as I live in Aust & if they don't fit I'm stuffed.
Cheers
Glenn.

On the Left had drive cars you need to modify the Z-bar (no clue if your car is right hand drive). You need to move the leg on the Z-bar that actuates the throw out arm over or it will hit the headers. There is a pocket built in the header for it to go into so I suggest getting your headers in then modify the Z to fit. Some just bend it over in a dog leg. I removed mine and made a new arm and offset it where it fit my car.

The z-bar has to be modified, or you can buy a modified z-bar from TTI (both Doug’s and TTI long tubes need the same modifications on a 4 speed).

I just modified a stock one, it’s not that bad if you can weld. You basically just cut the one arm off, move it to the end of the tube and flip the arm so the studs on the opposite side.

screen-shot-2016-09-08-at-1-01-24-pm-png-png-png.png

Thanks fellas for the info, much appreciated. I'll print off the above & give it to the guy who's fitting them.

-
Back