down on power 360 magnum

-
It actually look like they are walking around a bit, I've had to replace my pushrods twice from running on the guide plates, what would cause this?
You must use hardened pushrods with guide plates. If you've really got a bind somewhere you should fix it. Not sure where your issue is but yes your way down on power with that combo.

You mentioned that you're running Eddy heads with 1.7 rockers, which with that cam would be .568/.581 lift. I'm wondering if you're running into valve float and just needs a better set of valve springs. It kind of makes sense with what you're saying about the markings on the tips of the valves, and would also affect power production at higher rpms.

Springs rated to .575 lift,same as the non Mag-Eddys.A possibility.

hmm, my numbers with the 1.7s are around 545 555, i was told the springs are good to 560 but the stock eddy springs are weak anyways, and yea im using hardened pushrods. ive accidentally spun the motor over 7k during the burnout and didnt hear any valve float, i normally shift the car around 6k just because its not making power.

Cody,I am impressed,you measured.If you are running a 4 inch spacer,(hood scoop?) Might be in your best interests.Do the comp test/ leakdown check.If even, the recommended carb,basic 750 double pumped,out of the box.If that doesn't E.T.quicker,I would consider an M1.Same boat as you,dude.Pulled the heads,to port today,good luck.

Oops, I know what I did. I cross multiplied with 1.5 instead of 1.6. Saying that, I must have used the wrong info to begin with (288/292, .501/.503). Just googled 390 hp magnum crate engine cam specs real quick.

What,is your initial timing? What at 3000? What distributor,are you running?(lol!)

Cody,I am impressed,you measured.If you are running a 4 inch spacer,(hood scoop?) Might be in your best interests.Do the comp test/ leakdown check.If even, the recommended carb,basic 750 double pumped,out of the box.If that doesn't E.T.quicker,I would consider an M1.Same boat as you,dude.Pulled the heads,to port today,good luck.

im going back to the basics unless its something stupid im overlooking. the spacer was experimental thought it might help me on the big end. i have a custom made cowl induction hood ( came off of a chebby) that i cut and welded on

darthood.jpg

heres a short vid of it idling
[ame=http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/moparcody1/?action=view&current=dartzzzzzzzzzzzz.mp4]
th_dartzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
[/ame]

There is definitely something wrong. My Dakota that's in my sig is 3840 lbs and has a 2.94 gear. I have less cam and ported stock heads also. Your only 4 mph faster. Has the engine been opened up recently? Have any parts been changed?

What,is your initial timing? What at 3000? What distributor,are you running?(lol!)

i started out with the initial at 12 made a pass, then went up 2 degrees every time up to about 18 and it started losing trap so i backed it off. car was really hard to start. im running a stock dizzy with a vac advance

There is definitely something wrong. My Dakota that's in my sig is 3840 lbs and has a 2.94 gear. I have less cam and ported stock heads also. Your only 4 mph faster. Has the engine been opened up recently? Have any parts been changed?

I bolted the heads on about 6 years ago and ran it with the stock cam, about a year ago i installed the cam and converter but the engine hasnt really ran much. i work 60+ hours a week and i just recently started playing with it again. this is one of my 4 cars. 3 of which are toys so it gets neglected for months at a time

Possible cam timing issue? Advanced to much.

Thinking,time to curve the dizzy,dude.Stockie? Don't know?Check ,total at 3000.vac advance disconnected.Premium ,should be 14 to 18,@ initial.34 to 36@ 3000.

to be honest i dont know how to curve a dizzy. i dont have a timing light with the dial. im used to newer cars where i play with timing on my efi live with a laptop lol

You can do this 2 ways.Contact Saetun,he has contact,with someone who curves,on a Sun 1120 distributor machine.Or hit the search engine,Crackback,is the Badass on this one.If you have patience,you will find your answer here,for free.I would absolutely kill, to watch you tune,in place of factory block learning....Hope this helps,This is my best guess.

You can do this 2 ways.Contact Saetun,he has contact,with someone who curves,on a Sun 1120 distributor machine.Or hit the search engine,Crackback,is the Badass on this one.If you have patience,you will find your answer here,for free.I would absolutely kill, to watch you tune,in place of factory block learning....Hope this helps,This is my best guess.

thnks for your help, what do you mean by watch me tune in place of block tuning?

-
Back