Drag Link - SL6 vs V8

-

e50095

Reaction score
In going over many engine swap threads, I don't see any that mention needing to swap the slant 6 drag link for a V8 one, not for 67 and above anyway. Yet I see drag links for sale that are being marketed as V8 links. Is this a necessary change for 67-76 cars, or is this one of those parts that's the same, just marketed to look more attractive to an uneducated buyer? I'm going 67 slant six to 340. I already have the schumacher mounts to use my exisiting K-frame, and new idler/pitman arms. Is there any reason my drag link will cause some issue. The oil pan I'm using is from a 73 E-body cuda.

thanks fellas...

Ken in Pa.

In going over many engine swap threads, I don't see any that mention needing to swap the slant 6 drag link for a V8 one, not for 67 and above anyway. Yet I see drag links for sale that are being marketed as V8 links. Is this a necessary change for 67-76 cars, or is this one of those parts that's the same, just marketed to look more attractive to an uneducated buyer? I'm going 67 slant six to 340. I already have the schumacher mounts to use my exisiting K-frame, and new idler/pitman arms. Is there any reason my drag link will cause some issue. The oil pan I'm using is from a 73 E-body cuda.

thanks fellas...

Ken in Pa.
The only difference between 6-8 is in the early 64-66. 67 and later are all the same center link for both. I know nothing about e body stuff so I can't be that helpful.

Jake

-
Back