-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark44

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The Original Shirley Shahan Drag On Lady 1968 LO23 Dodge Dart Is Now For Sale. This is the First Time Since 1998 that The World Famous Drag On Lady 68 Dart has went out to The Public For Sale.It comes with The Original Title that has H.L. and Shirley Shahan as the Original Owners,this is 100 % For Sure The Original Shirley Shahan Drag On Lady LO23 68 Dodge Dart.This Car In The Hand's Of Shirley Shahan Bridge's Won Her Class In This Car At The 1968 US National's.This Car Has Been In The Private Collection Of Danny Smith Since 1998.Other Notible's That Have Had/Driven Or Worked On This Car Include...Juan Mendoza,Bruce Larson,Richie Zul,Harry Holton,Bob Jenkin's And Was Once Sponsered By Baldwin Motion In Modified Production.The Fender's,Hood,Window's,Bumper's,Grille,Door's,Deck Lid,Tail Light's,Turn Signal And Marker Light's Are All Original.They just Recently Made a Hotwheel of This Car,Shirley Shahan Bridge's and the current Owner Danny Smith both had to sign off on the Car.This Is Your Chance To Own A Piece Of Drag Racing And Mopar History.

The Asking Price Is.........Make An Offer
The Car Is In Columbus,Ohio
Serious Inquires Only Please !!!!

Attachments

• 1000.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 3,161
  • Drag On Lady.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4,458
  • Shirley%20Shahan%20was%20one%20tough%20customer%20in%20her%20Drag%20On%20Lady%20series%20of%20ra.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4,689
  • T8464.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3,022
Living in Tulare, California. I see H.L. around town all the time. Still has his shop here. Also Shirley still has a license plate frame that reads "Drag On Lady". Good people.
I am friends with Shirley on Facebook,i have never actually spoke to Her in Person or Facebook.I do not own this Car,i am just trying to Sell it for a Friend of mine that Owns it or Atleast spread the Word That The Real Drag On Lady Dart Is Now For Sale.The Guy that Owns it Now Danny Smith ran into a Guy at A Car Show,actually Fred Ingleharts Show in Elkton and the Guy Said He Had the Drag On Lady Dart,Danny pulled the Guy to the side and Proved that He had the Original Drag On Lady Dart with The Original Title,lol.Spread the News that the Original Drag On Lady 68 Dart is now For Sale,we Hope to Stir some Thing's Up,lol...Thank's

I will spread the word. At the "Hot Rod Reunion" at Famoso in October. H.L.`s car threw a rod at 60 foot. Should be seeing the "Drag-On Lady" car back at the March Meets in less than 2 weeks.
All In All The following Cars Are For Sale.......The Original Shirley Shahan Drag On Lady 1968 LO23 Dodge Dart and Class Winner at The 1968 US Nationals.1968 BO29 4 Speed Barracuda Former Jim Wick Car and Class Winner at the 1970 US Nationals.1965 A-990 Former Eddie Smith West Virginia Hemi Belvedere And Is Immaculant.1966 Plymouth Satellite Hemi Street Car,Bucket Seats,Auto,Console Drive anywhere Very Clean.1970 440 6 Pack V Code Challenger Street Car Very Clean.

Not that I'm shopping or able to shop for a factory SS, and just my opinion... But I agree. Especially for a car that has not been returned to "as campaigned" condition. It's a cool car, excellently documented, and even better that the people are still around. But as far as value as a collector... It's being marketed under it's period appearance and pedigree, yet it looks nothing like that any more. With that kin of collaction, I'd have the owner spend another $40-50K to return it appearance wise to the period of the Hotwheels car and get some pictures with the Lady herself.
This car had a value of nearly 1 million dollars the way it sits right now in 2008.The value of this car comes from its History more than it does from what it looks like today,this is a Famous Car with a well documented History and thats what makes it Valuable.The new owner would be buying a piece of Drag Racing and Mopar History.

Trying to see what the market is right now thats why it says make an offer.You always start high and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back