Drag Racing Fatal in North Carolina

-
Tragic Event.

Nothing says your safe when you enter the gates at a drag strip.

-RPM

Another? Was there others besides this one? It won't take long for that track to get shut down if it is a regular occurence.

Chuck

Another as in a drag racing related accident. Not specific to this track. There was the incident earlier this year where a woman was killed when Anton Browns wheel broke loose off his dragster and went flying into the stands and struck the woman killing her. My wife got notice that it was a co- worker of hers named Terry who was killed last night in North Carolina at this local track. Either way a terrible loss for those involved.

That's no good!!! Does anybody know if you were the guy driving the car that came apart and tossed its engine into that woman, are you liable? Is the track?

It is tragic but we all know that things can happen at speed that shouldnt. The last time our insurance person for a our business came in for audit he asked if we sponsered any racing cars in specific circle track cars drag cars.I asked him why he would ask.He said if someone is now injured at a racing event the attorneys go after all sponsers, especially the sponsers of the vehicle (racing car) they are looking for the deepest pocket (quote).Kevin.

Oh man, this is bad. I hate hearing about this kind of stuff. My condolences to the person's family and friends.

How could anyone be blamed?

You would think that someon'e insurace would cover it, but when you go to such an event you know there are certain risks.

Feel bad for all involved.

I'd put money on the fact that the back of the ticket has a disclaimer stating that use of the ticket constitutes acceptance that the track cannot be held liable for any bodily injury stemming from on-track accidents. If not, that track needs a better lawyer.

Not sure of any disclaimers. Some of these tracks here in N.C. are literally Mom and Pop Operations with an 1/8th mile strip and a grandstand, and a food trailer. I have never been to this track so I do not know.

-
Back