Dragrace Zerbst Germany

-

DieWilde13

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
i thought i post this here for you. The Pictures are awesome!
Weekend was awesome! Drove a new pb of 11.30 with my 4-speed Valiant

Zerbst Dragrace Okt 2023

386552633_9991130870961216_2144840351517709159_n.jpg

That's awesome!

Talk about dedication.

You all must pay a premium for parts we take for granted here in the US.

some awesome cars

You can almost double the price in $ to € until its here in Germany due to shipping and taxes.
But hey, thats what it is :)

Hey Guys,
i thought i post this here for you. The Pictures are awesome!
Weekend was awesome! Drove a new pb of 11.30 with my 4-speed Valiant

Zerbst Dragrace Okt 2023

View attachment 1716150117
Ok that is just totally cool. Thanks so much for posting the pix. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own racing we forget there is a whole world out there drinking beer, telling stories, breaking stuff, and racing their junk just like we do!

yeah, was a great weekend with nice weather to hang out with the buddys. Had a campfire and lot´s of stories ;-). Oh, and of course there was some racing....track was great, my Valiant did a row of 1.48 60ft. runs, new PB with a 10.55! I´m proud of it, as usual there will be some upgrades this off-season so it should run even quicker next year ;-)

Michael

quartermile.....1320 feet.....402.33m of course.
Silly as it seems, I appreciate the answer.
I would guess drag racing would be based on a quarter mile, but as you don’t use our standard of measurement I did not want to assume. We have 1/8miles drags everywhere here and even places offering 100ft drags. So I did not know.
Also- those photos are a highlight of my day (and it just begun). Thank you for sharing.
Syleng1

Out of curiosity.

Can you drive your cars on the street?

Do you have smog regs to deal with.

Think I'll go watch Mad Max now........:)

yeah, was a great weekend with nice weather to hang out with the buddys. Had a campfire and lot´s of stories ;-). Oh, and of course there was some racing....track was great, my Valiant did a row of 1.48 60ft. runs, new PB with a 10.55! I´m proud of it, as usual there will be some upgrades this off-season so it should run even quicker next year ;-)

Michael
Running a PB always makes for a great weekend! We do the same thing, at the end of the season we have all kind of plans for upgrades. Then life happens, kids, wives, dogs, broken plumbing on house etc. But each new season we are like little kids at Christmas telling all our buddies what all the upgrades were accomplished over the Winter. Here is one of my favorite pictures at the track. It is me in the Cuda and my wife in the scat pack challenger. She likes to go fast! Kind of a beauty and the beast picture! Hah! Be safe
Prost!

IMG_4010.jpeg

Out of curiosity.

Can you drive your cars on the street?

Do you have smog regs to deal with.
There is some kind of "oldtimer registration", with some effort the lowly modified cars can be driven on the street. Smog is not a problem pre 70 as far as i know.

Yes, to drive these Classics here is very cheap. About 190€ Tax per year and in my case its 55€ insurance a year
As long as you have "TÜV"!:rolleyes:
Thats a technical check, and almost everything other than complete Stock is prohibited and they are very strict!
But when you know somebody that know somebody......

So whats Street legal by you Guys, is here absolutly NOGO.

811km from my home... Driving the Duster there is probably not the best idea, but buddy has a flatbed. Hopefully next year we could visit to tune my Duster and the 605 Coronet...
That would be great!

Yes, to drive these Classics here is very cheap. About 190€ Tax per year and in my case its 55€ insurance a year
As long as you have "TÜV"!:rolleyes:
Thats a technical check, and almost everything other than complete Stock is prohibited and they are very strict!
But when you know somebody that know somebody......

So whats Street legal by you Guys, is here absolutly NOGO.
I wonder how would German police react to my car with slicks on... Do you think given I'm from Poland they would leave me alone?

Tom you should open discussion about your combo on the forum. I say you can be in 10s with minor changes, but dont take my word for it and ask very knowlegable people here, I'm sure thet will help you as they always helped me.

BTW I recently learned my "pushrod lesson" which cost me 1000$ in parts with shipping... So 3 of my cut to fit 3/8 hat treated pushrods failed in my engine almost at once causing roller lifter damage, roller rocker damage and expensive order of 7/16 pushrods at Smith Bros.

-
Back