Dragrace Zerbst Germany

-
I'm sure they can!:lol:
Its a legal definition, my car past inspection here so they should not be able to do anything. I guess we are about to find out eventually. My tires have DOT so they are street legal ;-)

But if I can use my car in my coundtry, do they have authority to give me trouble? I sure hope not...

Yes, they have the authority to stop You - You have to fullfill the legal requirements of the state, where you use Your car.

And they will stop You, that's for sure!

Btw - Your Duster is very, very cool:

c65a2256-0c9f-4938-beef-2ff2ed4d9a4d-jpeg.1715859278

Yes, they have the authority to stop You - You have to fullfill the legal requirements of the state, where you use Your car.

And they will stop You, that's for sure!
I was told this does not apply if you are just passing by. It would be impossible to adhere to all local state rules tbh. Same goes for drivers license, I dont have German one by the same definition I cant drive in Germany. Frankly does not make any sense. I have some friends that have tuned sportscars which I'm absolutely sure would never pass inspecton in Germany due to noise level, wheels, suspension and engine mods and they still visit Germany often without any problems. On the other hand with my car its a bit more obvious for people that know this stuff. We shall see eventually.
My car is registered as vintage and accepted by authorities as historical vehicle with non factory tire specs, exhaust high noise level and all that, basically classic period correct street/strip car. I actually put Flowmaster S10 on very short exhaust on the car for inspection and it passef with vfl exhaust so they put noise readings in the paperwork. Readings said over 100dB where 95dB I think is max here for normal car. This way I can get away with 3,5" exhaus and Spintech 3000 mufflers before the axle. At WOT its a nice music, here is some part throttle sound and idle:

Yes, to drive these Classics here is very cheap. About 190€ Tax per year and in my case its 55€ insurance a year
As long as you have "TÜV"!:rolleyes:
Thats a technical check, and almost everything other than complete Stock is prohibited and they are very strict!
But when you know somebody that know somebody......

So whats Street legal by you Guys, is here absolutly NOGO.
Knowing somebody that knows somebody is important, everywhere!

Its a legal definition, my car past inspection here so they should not be able to do anything. I guess we are about to find out eventually. My tires have DOT so they are street legal ;-)
....if a U.S. department of transportation stamp means anything in Germany.....?

I was told this does not apply if you are just passing by. It would be impossible to adhere to all local state rules tbh. Same goes for drivers license, I dont have German one by the same definition I cant drive in Germany. Frankly does not make any sense. I have some friends that have tuned sportscars which I'm absolutely sure would never pass inspecton in Germany due to noise level, wheels, suspension and engine mods and they still visit Germany often without any problems. On the other hand with my car its a bit more obvious for people that know this stuff. We shall see eventually.
My car is registered as vintage and accepted by authorities as historical vehicle with non factory tire specs, exhaust high noise level and all that, basically classic period correct street/strip car. I actually put Flowmaster S10 on very short exhaust on the car for inspection and it passef with vfl exhaust so they put noise readings in the paperwork. Readings said over 100dB where 95dB I think is max here for normal car. This way I can get away with 3,5" exhaus and Spintech 3000 mufflers before the axle. At WOT its a nice music, here is some part throttle sound and idle:

Translate the link - it is from the german police.
Slicks are a no-go.
Here in Austria every day dozens of foreign cars and trucks were stopped because of inedaquate tires and brakes, sometimes because of too much noise, You cannot ride through Austria or Germany without an exhaust

But You can try …. maybe they don‘t get You - it‘s a fast car, I presume.
Ordnung muss sein, but in fact this is just based on "legal bribe", like with car rims, you have money as importer, you do tests of tuv compliance and than magically illegal is legal because its paid for. Its kind of tragic that people comply with these rules and there is no bigger movement against this forming country wide. People just accept and go on, its depressing.
Why would you be unable to use different than factory tire size for example and different rim size? What does that acheive? The only good thing is that you have more factory correct period correct classics, but on the other hand its utterly stupid when it comes to hot rodding, which becomes literally illegal. I dont envy you guys there.
On the other hand in Poland roll cage in street driven car can cause trouble with cops, so all of us have some legal idiocy I suppose. I remember stories of registered and technically street legal rally cars being impounded by police between special stages during the race because they drove these cars with roll cage on the street ;-)
I really need a cage in my car because its wayy to fast not to have one, but am still checking for some legal ways around the existing rules to do it. I know people that actually have bolted down cages to be able to remove them if police takes their papers. Each country has its own original stupid stuff.
It seems that countries with more strict rules have more crazy to weigh it out like Birka race in Sweden and all these crazy high speed police chase videos. People need to vent, I guess in Germany you have no speed limit highways to vent at least, but Austra iz zero fun zone ;-)

Shame that Mickey Thompson stoped making Sportsman Pro tires, these 29/15/15 would have a chance to pass as normal I guess.

IMG_7300.jpeg

-
Back