Dreams CAN come true!!!

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
Dreams can come true: it can happen to you! If you need MO parts... :)

I finally found a reasonably priced, 1971 Dart complete grille (with both headlight surrounds, turn signal lenses, and center grille) that does not have a single crack or gouge, in Oklahoma that I could just drive a bit and get! Just needs cleaned up and painted...

I just knew someday it would happen... for 200 bucks and a short drive, I got myself this little beauty...

What a long strange trip its been :) Just goes to show, if you refuse to pay outrageous prices, and worry too much about someone shipping a 50 year old brittle piece of plastic in the mail, you can still come out about where u want if you watch craigslist like a hawk :)

Dreams can come true...

mynewgrille.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on scoring that grille! Nice find indeed. I'm thrifty and could never have gotten 80% of what I have without that persistent searching for a better deal.

Nice find. By the time I go to look for one they will most likely be so scarce I'll have to make one :)

I just looked up prices for NOS and used parts and damn, you did alright! That grin will be hard to wipe off.

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't make repops... Somebody would make a killing if they did an inexpensive ABS mould that just needed paint...
A mold that size would be an easy $30K alone. Then there is the machine for that size of mold.
Anyone wants to come up with that mold, I'll get them ran.

A mold that size would be an easy $30K alone. Then there is the machine for that size of mold.
I wonder if I'd hafta pay for some kind of licensing deal with dodge or something to allow me to make the repops in the first place...

My uncle Richard owns a plastic mold injection company (thing/?) I wonder if I could swing something like this... Be kinda hard without money... hmmmmmmmmm...

Last edited:
My uncle Richard owns a plastic mold injection company (thing/?) I wonder if I could swing something like this... Be kinda hard without money... hmmmmmmmmm...
Well, the licensing may be an issue, but you might want to ask your uncle about the costs to do such a thing. Once the molding is made and placed into the machine, the actual cost per piece would be nominal. It's just the initial cost you have to get past.

And if you did make it, people would complain about the slightest imperfection.
Look at the bashing AMD gets with their metal parts.

-
Back