Drill the Flexplate or wait!?!?

-

JeffreysDart

Reaction score
Ok so i am ready to drop in my engine. Just a regular 318 going in a 67 cuda. I got the wrong flexplate 6 equal on the plate AND just realized its 5 equal 1 offset on the crank. DO I DRILL THE FLEXPLATE or just get another.

feeling impatient and wanting to fire her up this weekend!!!!!

Ok so i am ready to drop in my engine. Just a regular 318 going in a 67 cuda. I got the wrong flexplate 6 equal on the plate AND just realized its 5 equal 1 offset on the crank. DO I DRILL THE FLEXPLATE or just get another.

feeling impatient and wanting to fire her up this weekend!!!!!

There are 4 different flex plates that you have to choose from; you have either offset or symmetrical at the crank, and then 10" or 11" bolt circle for the torque converter...

They are not expensive for new ones at Mancini:

Mancini Racing

Is it off by half a hole?

Yes about half a hole

Half a hole - giggity, giggity....

Giggity.jpg

V8 flex plates are cheap. Fit 1964 to 1991. Can get new stock replacement ones by ATP for about $10. Make sure your getting the right one for your torque converter bolt circle. ATP Z196 fits A904. ATP Z197 fits A727

Screenshot_20200822-080818_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200822-081013_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
thanks all! yes they are not expensive.... but now i have to wait another week... feeling bummed!

Got any mopar friends close by, lots of guys have spare flex plates around.

Run a Parts Wanted add for your local Craigslist town. Someone will have one, you can drive there and pick it up.

Local car club members, can contact them too. There are probably 5 people around me here that would have them, in including myself.

Got any mopar friends close by, lots of guys have spare flex plates around.

Run a Parts Wanted add for your local Craigslist town. Someone will have one, you can drive there and pick it up.

Local car club members, can contact them too. There are probably 5 people around me here that would have them, in including myself.
Thanks I'll try it but i don't think there is anyone around me with one.

-
Back