Drip Rail Roof Edge Molding Trim Set

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking at getting a set of AMD stainless steel Drip Rail Roof Edge Molding Trim Set to put on my 1974 Base Plymouth Duster. I was wondering if I needed to remove the clip that is present on the current drip rail (with no trim), see pic, or does the AMD set fit over the clip? Also, does it require any special tools to clamp/crimp the new stainless molding in place? Anyone work on the install of these AMD sets?

v/r
Ron

0805171823.jpg

I added the trim to my 69 Dart but the junction clip was on top of the A pillar. Had to remove it to accept the trim.

I added the trim to my 69 Dart but the junction clip was on top of the A pillar. Had to remove it to accept the trim.
Thanks, did it take any special tools to install (i.e., crimper).

Thanks, did it take any special tools to install (i.e., crimper).

No, it should be ready to install! It "hooks" over the top of the drip rail lip and "snaps" over the bottom! The palm of your hand and some soapy water to lube it up while you smooth it down will help a lot during installation!

No, it should be ready to install! It "hooks" over the top of the drip rail lip and "snaps" over the bottom! The palm of your hand and some soapy water to lube it up while you smooth it down will help a lot during installation!

So, like the "69 dart", will I need to remove the existing clip? Just makes me wonder why the clip is there if it is not needed.

So, like the "69 dart", will I need to remove the existing clip? Just makes me wonder why the clip is there if it is not needed.

Yes, you have to remove the clip, the drip rail mouldings will not go over it!!

Thanks Guys!! Ordered a set of AMD moldings and got them installed fairly quick and painlessly, looks good.

-
Back