Drive Shaft Question

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
So, when I was replacing my starter, my brother was underneath my car checking different stuff out, and he said he noticed that the rubber boot on my drive shaft looked broken. Wasn't sure what he was talking about but he snapped some shitty pics on his cell phone, so you guys can check it out and let me know what you think please.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 201
  • photo 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 222
Alright then, well if it's bad what should be my next step of action?

Alright then, well if it's bad what should be my next step of action?

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing and have it replaced. If they don't, there is a good chance they will ruin your driveshaft. Otherwise you are looking at swapping transmissions, shifters, and driveshafts. Do you have the pushbutton shifter?

See your local driveline shop and tell them you want to do the jointed flange conversion...which loses that and you get a stub/slip joint and flange

Any good driveshaft shopcan convert that Ball and Trunion crap to a jointed flange. I just did it on my 65 cuda cost 800 bucks. He also balanced the shaft and put new u joint on other end. It works great and easy to install and work on if needed. It is impossible to find the boot or pars for old B/T shaft. My guy also sleeved the shaft and it looks great and works great!

Yep,, what was said above. Our local shop has done 3 of these for me switching from the ball and tronion to a flanged slip joint. Same setup as shafts on 4 wheel drive pickups. same price too about 800 bucks for a complete new shaft.

-
Back