Driven from the grave

-

mark studley

Reaction score
I have been working on my 67 dart gt convertible at the salvage yard where it has been since 1991 I had to take apart the front brake drums and remove the pads to make the tires roll
amazingly enough the rear wheels were free. i then drained the oil and put sae 30 weight non detergent oil in it to start it. what a pain in the *** it is to change a stuck filter on a slant 6 when it does not want to come out. Anyway I changed the points,condenser,cap and wires I left the plugs alone (I took a chance and got lucky) Then installed 8 feet of 3/8 gas line and hooked it to the fuel pump to run it to a gas can, I also replaced the ballast resistor . I then prayed to the car gods and they showed me favor because the car started like it ran yesterday about 4 sec. of smoke then clear. The yard owner was amazed to see me driving the car out of the yard. It is now home and my neighbor was bitchin at me for having to many cars wait until monday when my 67 charger fastback comes home... well thats all the news fit to print take care.

Tell your neighbor to mind his own business when it comes to what goes on on your property!! Unless he's a Mopar guy, then ask to store it behind his garage for now!!! :)

I find that 8' tall privacy fences prevent nosy neighbors.

Congratulations on getting it home.

Congrats on the ride home and I'm with cosgig unless the neighbor wants to pay the mortgage stay home and close the blinds. I guess he would be the first one to bug you when his car has a problem

You need to dump the crap oil out and use a modern high detergent oil.

Great save! These cars can be a hell of a lot of fun.

-
Back