Driver side legroom in a 65 Barracuda

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I may be picking up a 65 Barracuda soon and I was just curious what kind of leg room there is behind the wheel. I am 6'4" tall and I weigh 240lbs, so I'm not exactly a small guy. Is this going to pose a problem behind the wheel or should I be okay? I have been driving a regular cab 92 Ranger for almost 16 years so I am used to having to hook my knees around my ears when I get in the vehicle. I just want to make sure the steering wheel isn't going to be playing tag with Mini-Me and the twins, if you know what I mean. If anybody could help on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I think you will be surprised how well you fit. Headroom is good. You can easily mount the drivers seat further back if you want more legroom.

Okay, thank you for the info. I am greatly relieved. You would be surprised how many cars I have had to pass on simply because I could not fit behind the wheel. It was really fun trying to drive a friend's '29 T-bucket. I now know how a pretzel feels. But thanks again!

Ya, you should be just fine.

I have a '65 Dart, same dimensions more or less, and I'm 6'3" and 250#. I also have a '95 "Ranger", OK it's a Mazda B-2300, but it's the same as a Ranger.

I know what you mean about some cars. My old boss had a Cadillac STS, it was way too small for me. No way could I drive that on a regular basis. My mother had a '82 ? Firechicken, the first year of the smaller body, and it was the same way.

Good luck with the Barracuda :cheers:.

-
Back