driver side torsion bar problem

-

65cudasteve

Reaction score
i got the passenger side disconnected with no problem at all so i started doing the same as i did to the passenger and it dont rattle or anything like the passenger side did. So im confused. ive pryed the c clamp apart disconnected the bolt from the middle of the clamp and checked it and NOTHING (the passenger side was loose by this point)

im changing k frames but keeping the torsion bars and yes i have that special tool needed for that

Hard to help over the computer but you do have the tension completely off of the torsion bar? If so it sounds like it is either stuck or in a bind.

im thinking i do i cant see what else is got tension when i was prying the c clamp apart and hit it once it poped so that i knew the tension was off of it

Are you positive you have removed this:

birdsusp013.jpg

Those are the retaining clips for the torsion bars. They are in the "butt" end of the anchor housing, seated in a groove. Use piers to pinch them and pull them out. If it is in there, no amount of hammering will slide out the torsion bar.

i got the passenger side disconnected with no problem at all so i started doing the same as i did to the passenger and it dont rattle or anything like the passenger side did. So im confused. ive pryed the c clamp apart disconnected the bolt from the middle of the clamp and checked it and NOTHING (the passenger side was loose by this point)

You might try removing the upper control arm rubber stop to let the suspension hang down lower and take the tension off that you otherwise can't.

-
Back