Driver Side TTI not wanting to fit...

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
Hey guys, we got the passenger side header in and on with no problems. but the driver side gave us a little more trouble, Is it common for the header to hit our oil pan? Do we need a special Milodon Street and Strip Oil Pan to make them work? And does the torsion bar go in between or through the header? We got the motor jacked up but it seemed like our oil pan was in the way...

Thanks

there is a few years since i put mine in but there whas no problems at all they are a thight fit but i remember that just jacking the motor up did not work you have to tilt the engine like the intstructions say, i know i made that misstake of just jacking it up ;)
dont know that kind of oilpan you have but i did not have anyproblems with the oilpan,cant remeber the brand but it looks like a stock one only lots deeper sump..
you will need to unbolt the starter also and put it back in with the headers hangin with just one bolt or so makes it alot easier..
there is just one pipe going around the torsionbar its the slipfit one from cylinder #7 i would leave that pipe out until you have the header hangin in one bolt or so and then put it in

its also good if the car is jacked up pretty high in the front and then its just a matter of finding the angle whish will let the headers slip right in betwen the steringshaft steringbox and engineblock:)

hope it helps some

Hey guys, we got the passenger side header in and on with no problems. but the driver side gave us a little more trouble, Is it common for the header to hit our oil pan? Do we need a special Milodon Street and Strip Oil Pan to make them work? And does the torsion bar go in between or through the header? We got the motor jacked up but it seemed like our oil pan was in the way...

Thanks

Make sure your mounts are in good shape and engine is correctly in position. The drivers side is much harder to place. :read: I ended up pulling then dropping the motor in-between the tti's. I have the stock pan, however the pipe gets very close with little room to spare. (I even had to re-run my trans lines) and re-route the wiring for a mini starter. If the driver side tti's just keep touching your pan...you may want to try a thicker gasket or double one up. When everythings together "all" should fit like a glove...The bolts on the drivers side also have to be put in "a bit at a time" from one to another. (There will be max %&*$# at this time. :D

PS If you have a leaking oil pan gasket, best change it before putting in the headers. The tti's are so close to the pan (as you noticed) that the pan will not drop once the headers are in place.:tard:
PSS Once in and together, you will be happy!

did you get the headers in? did you figure it out? sorry just read your other thread.,,

the TTI website list the p/n's on the Milodon oil pans known to fit properly with their headers. Is your Milodon listed there?

nNO, The header is not supposed to hit anything thats why you pay the money depending on how much it is hitting the oil pan you might just need to send them back or you can also bend it away from the oil pan (once again I said depending on how much it is hittting the pan,bend at your own risk,but I have done this before,and it does work do it right and you wont bend the flange)

Thanks

Take out the torsioin bar it is so much easier sorry I miss understood your ?
nNO, The header is not supposed to hit anything thats why you pay the money depending on how much it is hitting the oil pan you might just need to send them back or you can also bend it away from the oil pan (once again I said depending on how much it is hittting the pan,bend at your own risk,but I have done this before,and it does work do it right and you wont bend the flange)

Boy this is an old thread,my tti's go nowhere near the oil pan something is wrong..but they do touch slightly on the torsion bar but thats from launching it at the track..still though they're the best header i've ever used...

WOW! he dug waaaayyy deep for this one! My TTI's have been on for at least a year with zero fitment problems after the initial install.

-
Back