Drivers side exhaust question

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

Getting closer to firing my car up. Yay!

Exhaust needs to be handled soon. I have a set of manifolds from fabo member Treblig on my small block. It consists of a 340 manifold on the ds and magnum manifold on the ps.

It is a 4 speed car. I will be tying in a Summit 2.5 inch header back exhaust system.

I need header pipes from the manifolds to the beginning of the Summit system. The passenger side looks pretty straight forward. The drivers side looks a bit daunting.

First off, does anybody have pictures of your ds exhaust from the manifold down past the starter and 4 speed stuff?

Or does anyone know of a 2.5 inch pipe commercially available which snakes though all this stuff?

I know im not the first one to do this, so im not out to reinvent the wheel!

Thanks

CE

TTI makes them head pipes.

TTi Exhaust Component Parts #A25EP

Ha, didnt think I'd get that lucky. I called and they said it should work w/a 4speed. Too bad i cant get both sides as they don't make one for a magnum manifold on an a body. But why would they?

Sure aint cheap, but probably cheaper than having someone local bend one up.

I'd still love to see some pics if anyone has one of these installed, or came up with their own pipe. I'm trying to get my head around how this thing threads the needle with all that STUFF down there on the driver's side.

Thanks again,

CE

the original's were 2 1/4" to the mufflers and 1 7/8" from the muffler back.
The drivers' side head pipe was only 2" and was flattened or "crushed" by
the factory where it passes the torsion bar for installation ease.
Accurate may also have what you're looking for.

I've bought a set of the TTI head pipes. Fitment is great!! I wouldn't spend the money for the use of just one pipe, though.......

the original's were 2 1/4" to the mufflers and 1 7/8" from the muffler back.
The drivers' side head pipe was only 2" and was flattened or "crushed" by
the factory where it passes the torsion bar for installation ease.
Accurate may also have what you're looking for.

I'll check out accurate as well. Thank you.

-
Back