Driver's side manifold

-

remytherat

Reaction score
Wondering about manifolds for my '69 dart 360 magnum. Manual steering, column shift for now but may convert to floor shift.

I am wondering whether it will be possible to run a magnum manifold on the driver's side or whether I should track down a 340 manifold. Of course the other option is to just roll with a stock 318 manifold on that side if it seems to be net the best option.

I believe the Magnum manifold is a 100% drop in.

Wondering about manifolds for my '69 dart 360 magnum. Manual steering, column shift for now but may convert to floor shift.

I am wondering whether it will be possible to run a magnum manifold on the driver's side or whether I should track down a 340 manifold. Of course the other option is to just roll with a stock 318 manifold on that side if it seems to be net the best option.
Magnum manifolds would SEEM to be the logical answer- they clear the manual box but may need to have the column sleeve trimmed back; not sure if there's enough clearance to do that with a column shift. May need a bit of grinding to clear the shaft/coupler as well, and/or a swap from coupler to u joint... every car is a bit different on clearances.
Magnum Exhaust Manifolds in an A Body
Tracking down 340 manifolds is probably not going to be worth the cost, and they bring up their own set of issues when trying to use them on Magnum heads:
Magnum Heads On 340
My thoughts? I'll probably get flamed for this, but the 318 manifolds has ports that are closer in size/shape to the Magnum ports (thus not the sealing issues of the 340 manifolds), and you KNOW they're going to clear your column linkage. I'd just take some time with a die grinder and make sure the manifolds don't obstruct any part of the Magnum port, and maybe open up the outlets a bit if you feel adventurous.

-
Back