Status
Not open for further replies.

shadango

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for:

Driveshaft and tranny crossmember for 72 Barracuda that is running an 8 3/4 rear end (2.76 gears , small yoke I thin) and a 1976 318 engine.....planning on the 727 tranny....

Would prefer something local/within driving distance of Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks!

If I knew part # or dimensions from hole to hole,I probably have one but unsure so I'm kinda stuck

I am going to look in the factory service manual and see if they have any listings...

I am also headed back to the dealer tomorrow to pick up parts so I may try and look in their book for them.....

I dont know if the 72 was offered from the factory with this combination though...318 and a 727 and a 8 3/4........

318's usually came with 904's, if they were they'd have the same driveshaft as a 340 in that car, - a 340 or big block with an 8 3/4 driveshaft, providing the u joint is the size you are looking for, would work, as those were the most common with 727's

Looking for:

Driveshaft and tranny crossmember for 72 Barracuda that is running an 8 3/4 rear end (2.76 gears , small yoke I thin) and a 1976 318 engine.....planning on the 727 tranny....

Would prefer something local/within driving distance of Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks!

I should have the crossmember, I'n in NJ. Shipping shouldn't be to bad.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

email sent

Is there a difference in a crossmember for a 727 versus a 904??

318's usually came with 904's, if they were they'd have the same driveshaft as a 340 in that car, - a 340 or big block with an 8 3/4 driveshaft, providing the u joint is the size you are looking for, would work, as those were the most common with 727's

Thanks airgrabber.....can you advsie a newbie on how to best measure the u joint yoke I have? I remeber reading that I have the "small" yoke on the case/gears I have......how do I confirm?

By the way....got the steering column collars yesterday....NICE!!!!!!!! :salute:

....and the retaining plate WAS in there! AWESOME! Of course now I will have TWO plates....I committed to buying one from a guy locally....LOL...when it rains it pours parts I guess....LOL

I have a crossmember and I am only an hour from Pittsburgh so you can save on shipping. There is no difference between the 727 and 904 crossmembers. Also the crossmembers are the same for 70-74 E-Bodies and 71-74 B-Bodies.

PM me if interested

The small u joint is also called a 7260 u joint, it measures 3 3/8" across. The large u joint is also called a 7290 u joint. It measures 3 3/4" across. I've seen many 340 and 383 cars come with the small u joint, not to mention 6 cylinder and other small blocks, so it is usually the more prevalent one out there.
Glad the collars got there with the extra goodies...

I'm still using the slant six 904 cross-member in a Duster I dropped a 360/727 combo into.

Jerry

Any chance the crossmembers are the same between a body and then the two e-bodies???

My guess is no for the first and maybe for the second?

I'm not familiar with E-bodies. Might be worth a try, unless you can pick one up fairly cheap. I can't remember, but I might have had to turn the 904 brace around 180* because of the difference in length between 904 and 727.
I'm also using the slant six fan shroud on the 360 - just had to flip it upside down and trim a small sliver off to clearance the lower radiator hose.

"Necessity, the mother of invention." - Plato

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back