Driveshaft connection problems!

-

Gjason89

Reaction score
So my 1969 dodge dart originally had a 225 slant six with a 904 3 speed automatic. I changed them to a 360 5.9 dodge magnum engine with I'm being told the 727 transmission and wanted to know what changes do I need to have the transmission mounted and connected to the shaft and engine ofcourse???? Thanks gyes

What about the transmission mount? Is that the same only the driveshaft is to be cut. What about the like sprocket thing at the end of the transmission are they the same:) thanks ALOT

..................mount is the same and in the same place.............u will need a slip yoke for a 727................kim.................

Too bad you didn't keep it a 904. It would have done the job and wouldn't have needed any mods.

BTW: what rearend is in your car? Most /6 cars had the puny 7-1/4" rear. If that's the case don't expect it to last long with a 360 in front of it.

Te it's the "punny" one :( and the 904 would've of had fit ?? And since they both came together the trans. And engine for 290 in running condition only tng needed was carb it was a STEAL!:)

No the 904 from the /6 wouldn't bolt up to a 360, but you might be able to locate a small block 904. Don't know where your at but you could always put a want ad out for one. I've got 2 in the garage, but I'm in IL

-
Back