[WANTED] Driveshaft for 68 Barracuda near Sacramento, Ca.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I am in need of an inexpensive driveshaft for my 68 Barracuda. I'm running a 6 banger/3 spd. manual with 7.25 rear end. I need the stock driveshaft, it's about 51.5" center to center on the yokes. I do have one 2.5" longer that fits a Dart but won't work for my Barracuda because of the different wheel bases.

I should have one but shipping is quite a bit. If you can't find one locally let me know and i will check for you

Just about any Valiant or Barracuda with a 7-1/4 rear end will work. Darts driveshafts were longer.

Right, but any of those longer driveshafts, including the one you already have, can be cut down to 51.5” for your car.

Drive line services will cut one down, make sure it’s straight and balance it for like $80. I doubt you’ll find one significantly cheaper than that, especially if shipping or traveling is involved. Plus, whatever you find at that price will still be an old used driveshaft that might need to be straightened or balanced.

Just a suggestion, but shortening the one you have would be faster and easier than trying to locate one the right length in good condition in less than a 3 hour drive from your location.

I am in need of an inexpensive driveshaft for my 68 Barracuda. I'm running a 6 banger/3 spd. manual with 7.25 rear end. I need the stock driveshaft, it's about 51.5" center to center on the yokes. I do have one 2.5" longer that fits a Dart but won't work for my Barracuda because of the different wheel bases.

I've got one you can have in San Jose that's out of a '68 Barracuda w Slant 6 with 904 all stock with new u-joints.

Regarding the one jcb426 has in San Jose. I might be making a trip up to Woodland in the next few days. I'm in San Jose, If we make the trip I could bring it up there for you.

Bruce

Regarding the one jcb426 has in San Jose. I might be making a trip up to Woodland in the next few days. I'm in San Jose, If we make the trip I could bring it up there for you.

Bruce
I should be checking my mail more often... I still need a driveshaft.

I get that but what rear-end was it attached to? It has to be from a 7-1/4" for the proper length.

Yes, it came out of the car when it had the stock rear end. That's why I have it. I installed an 8 3/4" with a 200R4 trans.

Ok, so what do I have to do to get it? I'm 3hrs+ from San Jose.

If you are interested in driving that far for it, let me know when you are coming, and I can leave it out in a safe place for pick-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back