Driveshaft lengths wish there was a sticky

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Title says it all i wish there was a chart showing driveshaft lengths required for different stock combinations. I my case i have a 67 barracuda. I am installing an 8.75 rear and an A833 4 speed. Pretty standard combination. My donor car driveshaft is 74 dart. A904 with a 7.25 rear end. Its obviously too long will need to be shortened and rebalanced. If there was some sort of chart that showed trans and rear combo in what wheelbase, and driveshaft length needed from specific point to point, that would be the ultimate reference guide for this.

C/C of the cups I beieve! I'll check one here!! There's one for sale in a thread here, I'll look for that thread and link it to you! $50 plus the shipping....almost bought it myself!!

I was gonna cut and balance the one from the 74 dart i parted. Longer wheelbase car, 7.25 rear. Driveshaft has very little surface rust on it. Will sandblast well. Just need definite dimension. Geof, does C/C stands for center to center of the ujoint cup holes yes? No? Not familiar with that nomenclature.

Last edited:
Thanks for the chart. I will be making a copy of that. Shows mine to be 48.60" long.

Last edited:
Chrysler Service Manuals and the original Mopar parts books had all of the lengths for all of the combinations for that year and each car.

-
Back