driveshaft needs

-

highflyer

Reaction score
just about have my 8 3/4 ready to go in,but would like to get the shaft shortened..went over the charts for length and found way to many irregularities to trust it ...does anyone know the correct length to make it ..using 360 a833 and 8 3/4..73 duster ..any and all help appreciated please..tx..j

Best to measure actual length required.

It's going to be in the 48.75-49 c to c range

Slide the yoke in the trams all the way then back it out about 1 1/2" and measure cup to cup to the rear saddle and take the shaft to the shop with this number. Make exactly sure they know how it was measured as you'll also get a number of different responses as to how to measure!! If you're there with the parts and explain how it was measured there should be no doubt!! Geof

If you have a shop in mind, call them and ask THEM how they want you to measure it. Different shops use different techniques to measure. I found that out when having mine shortened.

I made up my mind on the shop, asked them, did as they asked and my drive shaft fit perfectly.

Another vote for actually measuring it.

My 7 1/4 318 Duster has a 51.5" c-c driveshaft in it, just by the numbers that should make a 318/340/360, 8 3/4 Duster right with a 49.25" c-c driveshaft.

dont have a shop in mind,but ill have to work on that..any sf/bayarea people have a good shop to reccomend..thanks to all for the help..j

Call the driveline shop thats doing it and ask them...

Or you can listen to non driveline shops and pay twice

-
Back