Driveshaft question

-

stimpy29

Reaction score
Over the winter I'm doing a four speed conversion to my 69 Barracuda. I assume that I will need a different length of driveshaft. Is there a standard length for 4 speed transmission installs? If so, where is a good place to source a driveshaft?

Thanks for your help.

Same driveshaft if you were running a 727 trans. If it had the small ujoint, a new driveshaft (or upgrade of the old) with the larger u-joints would probably be a good idea. You'll need to go with the larger companion flange on the rear too. This is assuming that you're gonna beat on that sucker. But then why put in a 4 speed if its not gonna get power shifted once in a while.

All good advice so far,and i would also change over to the larger pinion yoke with the u-bolts,for added strenght...

If you put an a-body 4 speed in the car it is the same length as a 904 or 3 speed trans. If you put an E or B body 4 speed in the car it is the same length as the 727 trans.

Chuck

If you put an a-body 4 speed in the car it is the same length as a 904 or 3 speed trans. If you put an E or B body 4 speed in the car it is the same length as the 727 trans.

Chuck
I've got a 904. Is there anything I should do to the driveshaft in preparation for the 4 speed?

Thanks.

90% of the 833 4speeds have a 727 style slip yoke so you will most likely have to take off your 904 yoke and install the 727 yoke, that's it.

Chuck

-
Back