driveshaft question

-

spudsterier

Reaction score
i have a 1968 plymouth valiant 2 door.
360 w/727 auto tranny
8 3/4 rear end.

my question:
do i need to get a custom driveshaft made? or is there one that would work with this setup?

1) Do you have any drive shafts with a yoke to fit your tranny?
2)install the yoke in the tranny,set the u-jiont holes at 9+3 oclock,pull the yoke out 1.5 inches,measure from the center of the u-jiont hole to the center of the pinion differential hole and you will see the length on drive shaft you need.You might have one in stock or you might have to get it shorten or a new tube installed on yours,not a big deal at a drive shaft shop,just get a quote first,mrmopartech

44.99" is what my Duster had, same driveline and wheelbase.

i dont have any drivesahft at all.
a guy i know has a large stock pile of them though, so i might just have to go and search his pile for one that might work.
thanks guys

i think mine was 44 and 1/2". i have a 69 valiant with 340/727 and 8 and 3/4" rear. the best way is to take the slip yoke, push it all the way on and then back it off an inch on the shaft, and then measure from center of u-joint to center of u-joint(with vehicle weight on the ground.

well then i guess i will have to wait until the motor/trans, suspension, and all the interior is in the car....then i will set it on the ground and measure
thanks

you bet, i no you're getting ancy, i was itching to get all the aprts last fall! if it makes you feel anybetter all the states with snow are waiting to get their old cars out so its not just you

this car has been sitting in my garage for a little over a year and i have finally got time to work on it....
if everything goes well, the car should be up and running by mid summer
the motor, trans, and k-frame should be going on within the next week or 2

-
Back