driveshaft w 7260 joint question

-

74fldart

Reaction score
hi fellas happy thanksgiving to all. ive got a question, do you think a driveshaft with good ujoints (spicer) 7260 size , would stand up to a mild 383 in an automatic equipped dart? im running very low on $$$ now on my project so ill end up using the small stuff i guess .

I have been using a small u-joint driveshaft in my dart the past two seasons (250 runs) with no problems. The car does not leave that hard (1.7 - 2.0 60 foot times) with the current setup : 340 engine, 10" Turbo action convertor, 727 manual valve body trans, 3.91 rear. Car ran low 13's in the heat and high 12's in the cold air with last year's engine. Now it runs mid to low 12's with the current 340 engine.

I keep meaning to upgrade it to a stronger driveshaft, but have not had to due to any parts breakage.

Bob

I run a 7260 in my Cuda that is running a pretty stout 360. On street tires it'll just get into the 12's. I've known several guys run them in applications as fast as 10 sec 1/4's but I think if my car ran that good I'd upgrade just for safety. I think you'll be fine.

-
Back