Driveway find...

-

bkbond12

Old ones need lovin too..
Reaction score
So I went to buy a little 4-banger for $400 and found this Chally in the driveway it was sitting in. I bet I could've bought this car for $400, but couldn't find the owner. Oh well, I grabbed a few pics and might make the trip back to see. I would've taken more pics, but it's a pretty rough neighborhood and didn't want anyone thinking anything fishy, so I didn't peek at it too much.

The car I was buying was owned by a different person who had to leave it in her friend's driveway.

Attachments

• 2012-04-01_13-56-10_759.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 2012-04-01_13-56-25_154.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 293
Take a bag of weed with you, ya might work out a trade.

That's funny cuz I thought of that too.

All kidding aside though, without knowing much about the car what engine options were available on this car? It needs a good amount of body work, but the interior didn't look too terrible. What's a good approximate value or worth of the car?

That all depends on the options and trim package along with numbers matching.They are alot higher than our a-bodies.Assuming its a 318 auto car with those pictures,similair ones sell over on FEBO for 8,000-10,000 so 5-6 would be a good deal.If its a numbers matching 340 car add about 2 grand to those numbers.It looks pretty solid.

if you had a pic of the VIN tag or wrote in down, you could get a lot more info. these 72-4 challengers are going anywhere from 5k to 15k depending on who you are dealing with, and what kind of condition they are in. most of these base models are 318 cars. it doesnt appear to be a rallye challenger but with all the body work, you never know. if the 5th digit is a G it is a 318 car, which is my best guess from i see. most every performance model came with that hood, but that could have been added somewhere along the line. you could get a 340 in the 72- 73 and a 360 in the 74 along with a 6 cylinder or a 400.

saying you could get this for 400 bucks would be a steal, even 2 or 3 K would be a great deal.

it looks like the rear wheel wells have been opened up for some big meats, im guessing this thing is full of mud, but at the right price , it could still be a great deal

if you had a pic of the VIN tag or wrote in down, you could get a lot more info. these 73-4 challengers are going anywhere from 5k to 15k depending on who you are dealing with, and what kind of condition they are in. most of these base models are 318 cars. it doesnt appear to be a rallye challenger but with all the body work, you never know. if the 5th digit is a G it is a 318 car, which is my best guess from i see. most every performance model came with that hood, but that could have been added somewhere along the line. you could get a 340 in the 73 and a 360 in the 74 along with a 6 cylinder or a 400.

saying you could get this for 400 bucks would be a steal, even 2 or 3 K would be a great deal.

it looks like the rear wheel wells have been opened up for some big meats, im guessing this thing is full of mud, but at the right price , it could still be a great deal

Unless the front bumper was replaced, it's not a 73'. I was thinking 72' because of the "sad face" grille and the plain bumper (not rubber guards). I don't really have the time or money to do a resto on the car, but my uncle has an old valiant with a 340, 727, 8 3/4 that I can pick up for $2000 if I wanted to.

I'm gonna call my mom's friend and see if she knows the owner since her car was parked in their driveway. We'll see.

my fault , i meant to write 72-74. they are all basically the same. here are 72-73-74 in order. the bumper gaurds are only a matter of 2 bolts each, and were often removed.

Attachments

• 72_challenger.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 73-challenger-for-sale.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 74challenger012.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 215
That car is already a pussy magnet. Look at the cat on the trunk in the first picture...

That car is already a pussy magnet. Look at the cat on the trunk in the first picture...
:thumblef:

and if you figured you could buy that car for $400, you should have stayed there until someone you could buy it from (legally, I mean:D) showed up.

-
Back