drop the front end

-

river

Reaction score
i;am trying to lower the front end of my duster..i have tryed a lot of things strut rods ect.every thing that i have tryed has screwed up mysuspension geogmetry.if you guys know ant kit it would be good :arrow: :eek: :eek:

They do make dropped spindles.
I think the place is called fat man fabrications or something like that. Let me look it up

i bought those spindles---very pricey, but they do the job without killing the geometry.

wheelsig.JPG

this is with a 400" big block, turbo setup and 318 non a/c torsion bars, i could go lower still w/o problems, but the rim/flange on the safety bell housing is only 2.5" off the ground now

--chad

$470/pr.. wow.
i lowered my front end using the torsion bars, but i only let it down maybe 1.5" and seem to have ocassional problems bottoming out the suspension, and ocassionally will scoop up some gravel with the front of the core support on bumpy gravel roads if im not going slow enough.
i got a piece of gravel jammed in my fan pully on the harmonic balancer one time right after i lowered my car..

wow---i guess they went up some. i think they were 425.00 when i bought them. i could go way lower on mine now without bottoming the suspension. i could easily go another 1.5-2" but the bottom of the bellhousing would hit. but the real question here was how to lower without messing with the geometry---spindles is really the best way. also, lowering a vehicle, id still recommend adjustable upper control arms. i have 2 vehicles with sets from bill rielly @ RMS (bigblockdart.com) and i can get crazy adjusments from these. its really the only way to go for something you want to handle properly IMO

--chad

turbodart said:
wow---i guess they went up some. i think they were 425.00 when i bought them. i could go way lower on mine now without bottoming the suspension. i could easily go another 1.5-2" but the bottom of the bellhousing would hit. but the real question here was how to lower without messing with the geometry---spindles is really the best way. also, lowering a vehicle, id still recommend adjustable upper control arms. i have 2 vehicles with sets from bill rielly @ RMS (bigblockdart.com) and i can get crazy adjusments from these. its really the only way to go for something you want to handle properly IMO

--chad
Yup i here ya man bill has a good thing goin with the alterk set up im looking at one for my car somday :salut:

-
Back