Drove an 05 GTO yesterday....

-

rklein383

Reaction score
I was impressed with the performance. However, my 440+6 in my 69 Barracuda has more grunt in the bottom end.

Nice car(GTO). Don't have the Mopar mystique.Gimme vintage,any day.

Saw this at a car show today!Notice the engine is new GTO.I have a pic but cant get it to load.OK resized and loaded.

Attachments

• Rat Rod-1-13 007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Rat Rod-1-13 008.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 259
I had one for a couple years very fun to drive with the 6 speed t56. The car itself is really nothing but a Australian Holden with different badges. Traction control was a pain though if you didnt turn it off and spun the tires a actuator would kick the throttle pedal up to decelerate.

And the new GTO gets double the fuel mileage that your 440 6 pack does....and would probably give you a run for the money....and is comfortable......and would cruise at 75 mph without giving you a head ache....and....never mind.....

And the new GTO gets double the fuel mileage that your 440 6 pack does....and would probably give you a run for the money....and is comfortable......and would cruise at 75 mph without giving you a head ache....and....never mind.....

Never compare old with new. Compare a 29 Dodge against a 69 Dodge. Which handled better-got better mileage- easier to maintain and so on and so on!

i smoked an 05 6.0 litre gto with my 318 in my 68 fastback. of course he was able to catch up once he had that 6th gear. but from 0-120, he was in my dust.

It did drive nice. I just thought it would be faster...

I was impressed with the performance. However, my 440+6 in my 69 Barracuda has more grunt in the bottom end.

Good performance, but i dont care for the looks. Many people didnt either. I bought an 07 GT mustang. Felt it had more of a 60s retro flavor which is what i was after. Mebbe the new gto would have sold better had it been a retro body similar to a 69 judge.

My son has an 04 GTO. The more I drive it, the more I like it. It is fun to drive. It also has an independent rear axle. Ford doesn't even put an independent rear axle on the Shelby Mustangs... WTF? The Mustang is twice the price new....

My daily driver is a 2012 challenger r/t, super comfortable decent performance.

My Duster will smoke the challenger from a dead stop and that is about it performance wise, but the duster has character, soul, that what old cars are about, actually feelling the road while you are driving instead of floating on top of it.

My daily driver is a 2012 challenger r/t, super comfortable decent performance.

My Duster will smoke the challenger from a dead stop and that is about it performance wise, but the duster has character, soul, that what old cars are about, actually feelling the road while you are driving instead of floating on top of it.

Your duster weighs almost 1500lbs less than your challenger lol that fat *** car is still that quick weighing at 4k an some change. Imaging if the challenger only weighed 3000lbs! 8)

My parents bought an 05 GTO 6-spd new. That is still my favorite car to drive. Power at any rpm, any gear. Super comfortable, decent mileage. Even the looks grew on me, but the way I looked at it, I couldn't see the outside when I was sitting inside!

-
Back