Drove an SRT-8 Magnum yesterday

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
And all I can say is WOW!

Remember I have a mid ten second race car and this thing was still a rush. Ma Mopar ain't made a car that ran like that in 30 years, and never made a car that handled and stopped as well also. I'm impressed.

I work at a Dodge Dealer and have driven a few of them. I had to do some tranny work on the NAG trans in a Hemi Charger this week and it was a nice car to drive. It felt like a 13 second car for sure. Ron

What dealership do you work at? I used to work at Penn Brothers Chrysler Plymouth Saab back in 75 before I moved down here. Probably not even there anymore I would imagine.

We used to live not far from Doug Griffith CP when it was on Harford Rd. right by the beltway. It's been a tremendously long time though since I've been up there, doubt I'd recognize much of anything.

Wow I live about 5 miles from the old Doug Griffith on Harford Rd. It was sold to Heritage a few years ago. I work at Towson Dodge on Joppa and Pleasant Plains Rd. Small world hey ? Ron

Guitar Jones said:
And all I can say is WOW!

Remember I have a mid ten second race car and this thing was still a rush. Ma Mopar ain't made a car that ran like that in 30 years, and never made a car that handled and stopped as well also. I'm impressed.

My dad and i took one of the srt-8's for a test spin out here and weren't that impressed with it.I bet it probablly performs alot better at sea-level though.But it did handle and stop better than any of the old stuff.

Yeah it is Ron. I grew up about half a block from Double Rock Park on Acton Rd. which runs right off of Harford Rd. in Parkville.

I remember we used to hang out at a park (can't remember the name) near the seven sisters turns on Harford. I also remember Old Factory Rd out that way, is that still the same?

Yes it hasn't really changed much. I used to go to Double Rock park also as I grew up right near Belair Rd and Kenwood ave in the Overlea area. Ron

-
Back