Drum brake size / wilwood kit

-

cooooledart

Reaction score
I have a 1969 dart with a slant 6 and I purchased the 9 inch drum brake spindle from wilwood. Now that i have the drum off it appears that it may be 10 inch drums. I called up wilwood and measured it the way they told me to and according to that, they're 11 inch drums. The fender tag doesnt say that it was optioned. Any help with measuring it?

You mean you bought the wilwood kit for 9" drums right? You can tell by your factory spindle. the 9" spindles have kind of a funny bend on top

910drumspindles_zps7a3271fa.jpg.html

Grabbed this photo from user Danarchy in another thread. 9" on the left and 10" on the right.

Most likely you have 9" drums. Most slant did, like my 1969 Dart custom w/ AC. The max dimension is stamped right on the drum, say "9.035 max". You were probably measuring the OD. As mentioned, the 9" drum spindle looks much different than the 10" drum. It has a "goose-neck" that wraps in from the fwd or aft side (forgot), whereas the 10" spindle has an almost centered gooseneck. Google Images is your friend. Also look at the drums on rockauto. Centric usually has a photo w/ dimensions (if you can read the text).

Try to state facts clearly when asking. Did you really buy a spindle from Wilwood? Never saw one in their catalog.

Her is my pic for ya. 9" spindle is on the left.

Attachments

• spilndlecompS.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 137
-
Back