drum to KH 4 piston question

-

csx452

Reaction score
I just scored a set of 4 piston KH calipers, rotors, and spindles. What else has to be changed when doing this conversion? Are the upper and lower control arms the same?
Thanks,
Frank

Upper and lower control arms are the same.
You leave them alone.
You change your lower ball joints, to a DISC brake lower ball joint, or drill out your existing Drum brake lower ball joint mounting bolt holes out from 1/2 inch, to 9/16 inch.
And you should be using a proportioning valve from any disc brake A body car 1967 - 1976 will be good.
And a dual reservoir disc brake master cylinder.

I believe you will also need the rubber hoses correct for a KH disc car, and depending on which model car the setup was from and also what model it is going on you may also need a line set for a dual master cylinder, and if it is from a 67 and later car and is going on a 66 or earlier car you may also need a new front to back line. Geof

Thanks for the info. It will be going on my 72 Swinger and it came off of either a 71 or 72 Swinger. The guy I got it from went to turular upper control arms and Willwood disc brakes.

does any company make a rotor w/ 5x4.5 that will direct replace a original k h rotor w/ 5x4. I want to go to bigger bolt pattern to increase my choice of wheels but I don't really wanna go through the trouble of replacing the disc brake system. Also has anyone ever had 8 3/4 axles modified to a bigger bolt pattern?

does any company make a rotor w/ 5x4.5 that will direct replace a original k h rotor w/ 5x4. I want to go to bigger bolt pattern to increase my choice of wheels but I don't really wanna go through the trouble of replacing the disc brake system. Also has anyone ever had 8 3/4 axles modified to a bigger bolt pattern?

Direct NO but modified by your machinist yes.
It is possible to get a BBP on your Kelsey Hayes SBP set up. It takes some machining and here is the details below as posted by Longgone.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=20544&highlight=mustang+rotors

-
Back