drums on 8 3/4

-

blk00rt

Reaction score
what size are the drums? My axle assembly that I bought did not have them on and I need to purchase a new set. Also can you find these at your local parts store or do I have to get them online someplace?
Thanks

they are 11" backing plates

Is this an A-body 8 3/4? If so, you will have a hard time locating the flared original style drums. There was a guy at the Nats this year that had the non-flanged drums for sale, and I mentioned this guy once before to another member who remembered him. I believe his name was Craig and he was from New Jersey. I lost his handwritten flyer, but I will look for it again, and hopefully the other member who remembered him will chime in with his contact info. He was Very knowledgable about all Mopar brakes, and I would not hesitate to buy anything from him and I would be saaured they were the right parts. I will try to find his info and post it here. Geof

thanks Geof,
by the way in case you did not remember me I am rick adams friend.

Hey Rob, Are you sure the backing plates are 11"? What bolt pattern does the rear end have? If you have the big bolt pattern then you can get any 8 3/4 backing plates and drums to fit. I believe there was 11x3" and 11x 2.5" All you would need if you have the 11" plates are either 11" drum sizes and the correct shoes and I think you can get those drums still. Greg

Greg, it is big bolt pattern. I have plates already, they measure out to be 11" diameter. I have the original pads still on so I guess I will have to measure them up as well.
thanks

They could be 11x2 or 11x2.5 or 11x3.

-
Back