dual master cylinder on early a

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.Want to convert my 65 cuda over to a dual reservoir master cylinder but looks like the stock style post 67 unit I have will be too tight with my fenderwell headers. Anyone make a smaller one for tight applications.

Oldschoolcuda

I had the same set up that you have and It just barely cleared. If I remember clearly, I had to fabricate the brake lines. But then again, I'm not sure but I think my dual master cylinder was out of a '68 or'69 dart. Try measuring the unit. By the way, I wanted to say that your car is just beautiful.

are you running a discs in the front or drums? for a disc setup you can go to the later style alluminum master cylinder. ar engineering sells an adapter kit to go from the 4 bolt pattern to the newer 2 bolt pattern.

Thanks for the info. I still have drum brakes & measurements say it will clear,but not enough to make me comfortable. The one I'm using to mock up the setup is from a 67 Dart.

Oldschoolcuda

in running the 67 setup on my 63 wagon. but it is a slant 6 so i dont have the header problem you have. i know there is also the offset adapter to make room for big blocks. what if you flip it to move it closer to the engine? i dont know. just an idea. good luck!

-
Back