dual pick up distributor

-

67belevdere/225

Reaction score
So when I scrapped the old cop car 1982 diplomat .to my knowledge ( I was gm mechanic for 20 years at a dealer)I did not see the lean burn system on it . what remember from day gone by that it was I the air filter housing and had a vacuum to it, I took the wiring harness from the car, and did not see any module . may be the guy I bought it from removed it all
any way the pick up in the dual distributor is just a pick up coil that triggers the ignition , I looked at the original dist from the points model from '67 . the weighs are the same inside
the only diff is the advance springs . but I have a mr gasket set to try when I go get it curved.
I was just wondering if anybody has just replace the pick up with a single one or just used the dual one. the only thing the dual one does is work on start up . so I would just leave it unplugged, or just buy a single pick up and use it in the place of a single one.

Yup, the '82 Dippy had Lean Burn. Cop cars had the lean burn module in a nonstandard location, away from engine heat instead of atop the engine on the air filter.

The dual-pickup distributor is a dead end if you are trying to make the engine run well. Use a single-pickup distributor with vacuum advance -- this new genuine Chrysler one rather than a "remanufactured" piece of junk or "100% NEW!!!!!!!!" Chinese knockoff trash, and proceed as per the HEI upgrade .

of the dual vs single
not the Chinese crap , I do stay away from that we got a btch of points for mgb and they went all bad in 30 minutes of driving
i rather pay more for quality for sure

-
Back