Dual point Distributor bushings

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
Is there a source for the bushings inside the distributor? This is a 1970 dual point small block distributor I need to rebuild. Shaft has play at the top because the bushings are worn.

Thanks, but I just realized it's the advance unit that's worn
If it is the same prestolite dist as 66? up, the advance plate rides on a ballbearing between the two plates.

The bearing is held in place by some clips riveted in place.

Red is one of the clips

Blue is the bearing

Screenshot_20230617-113352.png

I have it all if needed PM me You sure the advance plate is worn? Be the first one I have seen in 40+ years of doing this. Might just need cleaning and re greasing.

I have it all if needed PM me You sure the advance plate is worn? Be the first one I have seen in 40+ years of doing this. Might just need cleaning and re greasing.
I took apart another distributor and tried that part that has the points lobes. The part that slides over the top of the shaft. It is loose too. The shaft where that slides on is smaller than it should be. Someone "Rebuilt" it. I'm not sure what they did. So basically, I need a whole new distributor shaft.

Last edited:
I would really have to have it in hand to see it all. The advance cam should spin freely and it does have up and down movement. If you get a new shaft make sure it is clocked the same.

Also I can't pm because it says I've reached my limit of conversations and I can't figure out how to delete them.
o

When you do get it figured out I need the distributor number and also the IBS number on the tag.. Hopefully it is not packed up yet for Carlisle.

-
Back