Dual reservoir master cylinder upgrade

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded from the single reservoir master to a dual res. master on an early model A-body? I have a '65 Barracuda & I just got a kit off ebay with the new master, fitting kit & an adjustable proportioning valve. I am having some trouble following the instructions & was looking for some first hand help, advice, pointers, tips, whatever. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I understand how important this upgrade is but it seems beyond my abilities & I have been working on cars for over 20 years. Do I even need an adjustable proportioning valve? Where should I mount it? How should I plumb it? How do you adjust them, never used one before? Are there any surprises or tricks I should know about? Any advice on tubing lengths needed, parts to buy? Thanks

Route the brake line coming from the rear of the car, to the front bowl the master cylinderer
I used a union for the front brakes which then runs to the rear bowl of the master cylinder
Adjustable prop valve I mounted on the inner fender, and can adjust my rear brake bias as much as I want
Cant remember what length of lines I used but got it all at the local hardware store

How do I know if these are the newer style wheel cylinders? 1 of them looks new & has a part # on it but the 3 attached below look older. Does anyone know if these are safe to use for the master swap or do they need to be replaced? Thanks.

DSCN0615.JPG

DSCN0616.JPG

DSCN0618.JPG

-
Back