Dual snorkal hood scoop

-

dr.demon

dr.demon
Reaction score
Hi guys its been along time:clock:since last posting but my 72 demon is almost finished and I ordered a yearone snorkal scoop and the studs do not line up with the hole that I believe are stock to my hood. No I have no idea if this even is the original hood but it sure appears to be. There are no fresh air hole in the hood. I am also wondering if the snorkal scoop could come without the Sizzler package and has something to do why some hoods have no holes, as I have read in some past posts.

The Sizzler package (1971 Demon) came with hood stripes (1972 Demon 340 style) but no hood scoops. If it was a hood off of a 340 car, it'd be drilled for the fresh air and scoop stud holes. Scoops always had air holes under them.

The 71 cars with the dual scoops had the fresh air holes spaced farther apart than the 72 cars with the "shotgun" scoop. If you've got a hood that had 71 dual scoops mounted on it, the air holes will be too far apart to lie under the 72 center mount scoop.

Hope this helps a little.

OK I just found the discussion about the clean air holes for the 72 Demon/Dart Sport models and I see that 7Demon2 and DartSportDude never realy came to an agreement about whether or not the clean air holes actually do belong on these models. 7Demon2 where you ever able to speak with Galen about this, and if so what did you find out?

-
Back