[SOLD] Dual Snorkel hood scoop

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought mine from PG Classics and I am very happy with the quality of it. The VFN scoop is cheap fiberglass that might pass for a bracket car but IMO its not going to pass for a quality street car. I started a thread about mine. Search PG Classics and it should come up.

I just sent one back to pg classics, it was by far the worst attempt at a reproduction item I have ever seen, it may have just been a one time thing but it was junk

I just sent one back to pg classics, it was by far the worst attempt at a reproduction item I have ever seen, it may have just been a one time thing but it was junk

please elaborate. was it the scoop to hood fitting? or was it warped on top?

It was wavy from one end to the other, had 2 places that had already cracked and been repaired before I got it, needed lots of work on the bottom piece, one side wasn't too bad but the other was terrible, it wasn't even where it mates up with the hood, I really hope that the one that I got is not normal, I hope it is one that just some how got past inspection, but the box it came in did say made in China

There are actually 2 types of OEM dual-snorkle hoods! The one for '72 Demons is made for the flat hood used that year. The '73 Dart Sport hood is a little "peaky" and can leave some space around the middle of a flat hood. No telling which style/mold a company is using unless you ask or put the scoop on the hood.

I am aware of the difference in the Demon and Dart Sport scoop, mostly the bottom piece in the front, but this one was uneven down the sides

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back