Dual Snorkel Hood Scoops

-
I call it the raisin bran scoop. The six pack scoop i had on my car was cracking, and i had a raisin bran scoop in the garage (dont even know where it came from), so i stuck it on my 62 savoy. Kinda looks like the maxwedge scoop, so i was happy. Turns out, it had a factory part#, and i had to modify it to fit my hood.
Now i find they are crazy priced. Oh well.

I admit I have preferred the 66 Bel to the 67 and those ply to the Coronets of those years. But.. I would not kick either of any of those out of the garage or off the back 40!!!
I still think the 66-7 B bodies are undervalued or should I just say under appreciated!
Did AMD ever come up with rear qtr metal for those cars!?

Those are one of the few "fake scoop" designs that I love...probably because of my ridiculous bias to love anything to do with a '67 GTX. :D

The '66-'67 Plymouth Belvedere/Satellite body is a very formal, clean, chiseled looking shape. Those scoops (along with a few other slick GTX specific styling elements) are just so subtle and understated...yet they do the job of conveying that there's a monster under the hood without showing off or being tacky.

The '66 Hemi Belvederes, wicked performance cars by every measure, were total plain jane looking sleepers. Some probably prefer that. To me, they're just a bit too serious in the styling department.
Man I loved my 66 satellite interior styling of that car was just beautiful, i really appreciate how cool they were especially when you think about how it looks nexts to one of these plastic Hunk o craps that people are forced to drive these days

Last edited:
I admit I have preferred the 66 Bel to the 67 and those ply to the Coronets of those years. But.. I would not kick either of any of those out of the garage or off the back 40!!!
I still think the 66-7 B bodies are undervalued or should I just say under appreciated!
Did AMD ever come up with rear qtr metal for those cars!?
I believe they finally did just within the last year

-
Back