Dudley the Dart

-

hawkfn18

Reaction score
Ok, here we go! Recently bought a 67 dart for 900 bucks. Needs alot of work and I plan to give back to this forum and document my progress. Its gonna need half pans in front, quarters and fenders. Wish me luck and I hope this helps someone else down the line as this forum has helped me. Will post pics soon! My wife refers to my Dart as Dudley for some reason or another, but she's letting me run with this car, so I can't complain!

Lou

Ok here's some pics or what I found once I pulled the seats and carpet. Looks like I'll be patching the foot wells in front.

rearfloor.jpg

underseats.jpg

passside.jpg

So I started on the passenger side and using a spot weld cutter where I could. I hit the spot welds first. Followed this up with a burp gun with a cutting chisel. Spot weld cutters are great when they can be used. I used the replacement floor panel to trace the outline onto floor. I'll be cutting about an inch INSIDE the line in order to leave enough material to weld to. Once the area is cut out I used an angle grinder to knock down the old spot welds. I then used a wire wheel on the angle grinder to get any surface rust off the torsion mounts. Not gonna weld this now so I cleaned all exposed metal areas mineral spirits to remove any grease or oils then sprayed with weld through primer. I'll treat the inside and outside of the frame rails with a rust inhibitor.

firewall.JPG

passsidecut.JPG

-
Back