Duel is on METV tonight

-
ive seen it a few times dennis weaver aka mcCloud
some of the runs with the spedo at 100 look legit
but that lil abody 318 shoulda been long gone lol

A 318 will do well over 100mph in a Valiant. I had my dads Fury to 112 with a 318.

I haven't seen it in a long time, but don't we get a look under hood because it's overheating? Planning to watch and find out for myself.

If the Valiant was a V8 model, it would have had that rectangular emblem that stated V EIGHT.

71 I.JPG

I haven't seen it in a long time, but don't we get a look under hood because it's overheating? Planning to watch and find out for myself.
i think there is a shot of that i would have laughed if it had a slanty

Duel (1971 film) - Wikipedia

The car driven by Mann is a red Plymouth Valiant, although three cars were used in the actual production of the movie.[11]

The original release of Duel featured a 1970 model with a 318 V-8 engine[12] and "Plymouth" spelled out in block letters across the hood (which was covered with aluminum foil to mask the "Plymouth" name from view), as well as trunk lid treatment characteristic of the 1970 model; a 1971 model with a 225 Slant Six was also used.[13]

4-Duel-1971.jpg

Yep, just saw the V-eight emblem on the fender shortly before he crashed into the fence.

There's tape covering the Plymouth emblem and the V-eight emblem in some of the shots.

REAL easy to hear the engine in all the closeups. It's a slant 6. Although they used some 318 cars, for all the closeups with sound, it was clearly the slant 6. Also this is the Director's cut, so it has some scenes that are deleted in other versions. I have the Special edition director's cut in our collection, but we're watchin this because Svengoolie is stupid funny. lol

-
Back