Status
Not open for further replies.

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a low cost bottom for a duel snorkel ail cleaner. I am not wanting the lid just the lower piece that has the snorkels. I plan to do some modifications to it so it does not have to be in good shape nor does it have to have the vacuum pots. I am planning to make my duel hood scoops into functional forced air.

If ya can't find one it's not hard to fab a 2nd one on your air cleaner base. I did that on a 93 Dakota I used to have. Went to the junkyard and found another base for $15. Took it home, carefully drilled out the spot welds and removed the snorkel. Cut out an opening on my original base and mounted it with rivets. At that time I didn't have a welder or know anyone with one so I had to use rivets to attach it. After I painted it only a trained eye could barely tell it wasn't factory. If you have a welder (preferably a tig) you could weld it on and make it look perfectly factory. Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

• Dakota 003.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 307
There was one on the Mopar trader page on FB, $40, no lid!! Sounds right up your alley!! I'll see if it's still up and get the info!!

Thanks for looking cosgig, its appreciated
Thanks anyway longarm but that is not the one I am looking for

I am going to try and fabricate forced air to the duel snorkels to the duel hood scoops. The holes in the hood line up exactly where the snorkels are on the air cleaner. longarm, I really don't need the lid or vacuum pots, will you just sell me the bottom? if not pm me with your best price

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back