Dupli-color engine paint oranges

-

Dartvader440gt

Reaction score
I'm restoring my 69 Dart and going for a 440 GTS tribute. When looking at the paint, Duple-color had Chrysler orange and Chrysler Hemi orange. I ordered the regular orange but it looks a little too dark. Is the Hemi orange closer to the original 440 color?

Vitamin C is closer to the right color than Hemi Orange. If you go to an auto paint store to get some mixed, just ask them to leave the metal flake out of either one.

Most all factory M codes I've seen seem to be the standard orange- darker, but not to the point of being Chrysler Industrial Red. The hemi orange would be way too bright.

1700235491268.png

1700235551228.png

@HemiSSDart will know for sure.

Last edited:
MOPAR Automotive Restoration Paint
Or you could just buy the right color, in a quality long lasting paint.

that’s right, the one from Chrysler. Made by Chrysler for Chrysler products? Why spend 37 a can when the dealer sells the ‘right‘ one for less?
the street hemi orange is for 69, 70, and early 71’s. Mopar also has the ’right’ blue for later 71’s and I believe they may still offer (at least they used too) tourquoise for the earlier engines..

that’s right, the one from Chrysler. Made by Chrysler for Chrysler products? Why spend 37 a can when the dealer sells the ‘right‘ one for less?
the street hemi orange is for 69, 70, and early 71’s. Mopar also has the ’right’ blue for later 71’s and I believe they may still offer (at least they used too) tourquoise for the earlier engines..
The dealer one is not the right one (color). You would assume it would be but is not.
Made by the Lowest Bidders, and is always been made and varius colors - shades over the years. It has never been the same can to can. Just made some sort of color shade.
If you just want Blue, Red, Orange, Turquoise etc get anything. Depends on If you want the right color and good quality.

Last edited:
The dealer one is not the right one (color). You would assume it would be but is not.
Made by the Lowest Bidders, and is always been made and varius colors - shades over the years. It has never been the same can to can. Just made some sort of color shade.
If you just want Blue, Red, Orange, Turquoise etc get anything. Depends on If you want the right color and good quality.
Respectfully disagree. Done many engine over wide time frames and it’s consistent and correct. Done touch ups after a couple years and they blend and match For street hemi orange anyway, cant say for sure on the other colours.

-
Back