Duplicolor Chrysler Green paint

-

BuckeyeAlex

Reaction score
I have the 408 pulled out of my Dart currently for a refresh, and I'm wanting to paint it torquoise. The cheapest I've found by searching for torquoise is the Mopar brand paint from Jegs and Summit, which ends up at over $20 a can after shipping. After searching Duplicolor Chrysler engine paint, I see they have a Chrysler Green. Is this the same color? It's substantially cheaper. Trying to save wherever possible!

The only parts stores I have within 45 min or so is Autozone, Advance, and O'Reilly's. Between the 3 of them, they only stock Hemi Orange and Chrysler Red. I'm going to check the Chrysler dealership tomorrow, but I don't think I'll like the price there either and I don't expect them to have it in stock. If the Duplicolor is the right color, there are plenty of places online that have it ready to ship at half the cost of the Mopar paint from Jegs and Summit.

I have the 408 pulled out of my Dart currently for a refresh, and I'm wanting to paint it torquoise. The cheapest I've found by searching for torquoise is the Mopar brand paint from Jegs and Summit, which ends up at over $20 a can after shipping. After searching Duplicolor Chrysler engine paint, I see they have a Chrysler Green. Is this the same color? It's substantially cheaper. Trying to save wherever possible!

How do you figure $20? Jegs has Mopar Performance P4120752AB Turquoise for $13.99. You'll need 2 cans to do a good job. So thats $13.99 x 2 + $4.99 handling = $32.97 or $16.48 per can. Plus the Mopar stuff is the correct color.

I stopped buying the "mopar" branded paint a long time ago. after I had several cans of what might as well have been Hemi Brown it was so off. Dealer wouldn't do anything for me. I have used rustoleum before with great results. VHT or Duplicolor is also fine.
if you have a Menards or Farm n Fleet near buy they also have engine paints. usually at half the price of the "parts" stores. Wally mart might even have some for you.

I stopped by my local dealership this morning and shockingly (small town, small dealership), they had a few cans in stock and the guy said since they had sat on the shelf for a while, he'd let me have it at cost. I'm gonna give it a try tonight, hopefully it sprays ok.

I realize there are different options, I have just had good experiences with Duplicolor engine paint in the past, and wondered if anyone had used the "Chrysler Green" and if it was the same color we commonly refer to as Chrysler Torqouise or different. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

How do you figure $20? Jegs has Mopar Performance P4120752AB Turquoise for $13.99. You'll need 2 cans to do a good job. So thats $13.99 x 2 + $4.99 handling = $32.97 or $16.48 per can. Plus the Mopar stuff is the correct color.

I meant roughly $20 per can, with shipping. I figured one can would handle my needs, just doing the block and heads and it's in primer. Planning on 2-3 light coats, don't want it too heavy.

If I remember correctly the blue is gonna need a bit more to fully cover versus the Orange. I seem to end up just under 2 cans no matter the color. I paint intake silver and pulleys and balancer black. Then again...I am not doing concourse.

The Plastikote seemed to match what was left of the original paint I've seen on some of the motors much better than Duplicolor.

The Chrysler paints were usually mislabeled. A friend and I kept getting the opposite paints- I couldn't get blue and he couldn't get turquoise so we switched once in a while.

-
Back