Duracell

-

Unconventional

Reaction score
Now I know I'm not the only one on ABO that rides a scooter. After only 13 yrs the OE battery in the Honda Sabre expired. I did some research on replacements and found that the warranties kinda suck on replacements, some as short as 90 days. I find Duracell makes motorcicle batteries. I was kinda leary at first, but it has a 2 yr warranty. I procured one, installed it, pushed the button and she roared to life. No biggie, right? I find I no longer need the choke/enrichner to start the scooter. Coppertop has my vote. If they only had a bunny with a base drum :rofl:

If they only had a bunny with a base drum :rofl:
:lol: I have found with the small batteries once they go flat they never seem to recover. I put a tender on for a few days once a month in off season. Not a big fan of leaving a tender hooked up full time either.

Last edited:
Put one in the Duster a couple months ago...

2017-08-25 06.15.31.jpg

The last time I replaced a battery in the old XS Yamaha the bloody replacement came in "kit form". It had to be filled with acid and charged, and then what to do with the extra electrolyte. Never again. Many of the high tech replacements have to use a "special" charger. I don't need more "special" hangin around. Many of the high tech replacements had warnings about fitment. If the battery doesn't fit right in the bike you're buying it for, don't list it as if it fits. Especially the ones that warned of "relieving" the battery box for fitment, and let's not forget the "wiring may need to be rerouted or modified". There is not much room on a scooter for such nonsense. Not like it's under the hood of a Dart. I don't mind moving things around for pipes, bars, pegs, seats, air filters, look forward to the challenge. But a battery? It should be the a drop in. As soon as the streets dry, I'm off to find that 1/4 fairing that has to be "cut to fit" since there are no bolt ons for the Sabre.

The last time I replaced a battery in the old XS Yamaha the bloody replacement came in "kit form". It had to be filled with acid and charged, and then what to do with the extra electrolyte. Never again. Many of the high tech replacements have to use a "special" charger. I don't need more "special" hangin around. Many of the high tech replacements had warnings about fitment. If the battery doesn't fit right in the bike you're buying it for, don't list it as if it fits. Especially the ones that warned of "relieving" the battery box for fitment, and let's not forget the "wiring may need to be rerouted or modified". There is not much room on a scooter for such nonsense. Not like it's under the hood of a Dart. I don't mind moving things around for pipes, bars, pegs, seats, air filters, look forward to the challenge. But a battery? It should be the a drop in. As soon as the streets dry, I'm off to find that 1/4 fairing that has to be "cut to fit" since there are no bolt ons for the Sabre.
Not uncommon for a cycle battery to come unloaded. I'd rather have them that way then one sitting on the shelf for however long.

I won't use anything but Duracell as far as light type batteries go, especially in my diving equipment.
Can't tell you how many times someone got their light out and the batteries were dead.
That one detail can ruin what could have been a great dive.
My Wife will buy Walmart cheapie batteries and I say "Thank you honey" and they go right in the garbage when she isn't looking.:D

-
Back