Durango Hemi harness

-

red irn

Reaction score
Reading a lot of the threads on here and figure this is the place to get some answers. Was given a 2004 Durango all wheel drive with a Hemi for free and plan to place a 1940's Dodge pick up body on it. It's going to be a lot of work but that's the idea to keep me busy. Does anyone know what I need to keep to be able to run the engine and trans. I have the wire harness from the engine compartment along with the ECM. Do I need to use the engine compartment fuse panel and the one in the cab for the engine to run properly. Also have the ignition key as well. Someone cut the wires to the foot throttle so will pick up one at the wreckers and splice it back on. Any ideas on what else I could use from the Durango before I get rid of it. Never done this before so I'm going to need all the help I can get on this.

Well there's no post about what can be eliminated from a wiring harness and still work. But there are a few that start you off. If you want plug and play there are places you can go and buy a wiring harness and pcm for swaps. To be honest you should keep the entire Durango until your done. That way you have everything.

Good luck on your swap.

There isnt anything in the underdash harness you need except fused batt+ and hot start/run. the PDC(under hood fuse box) has starter, ASD, fuel pump and trans relays which can be replaced with standard Bosch type relays and that will slim it way down. When we build a harness, it gets a 6 fuse panel and a row of relays which can be hidden inside car under dash for a super clean look.

There isnt anything in the underdash harness you need except fused batt+ and hot start/run. the PDC(under hood fuse box) has starter, ASD, fuel pump and trans relays which can be replaced with standard Bosch type relays and that will slim it way down. When we build a harness, it gets a 6 fuse panel and a row of relays which can be hidden inside car under dash for a super clean look.
This would be great for me. Just trying to see if I can build this thing for as few bucks as possible. Will have to find a schematic for the wiring and try this. Anyone know where to find the wiring schematic. Looks like the deal with the Dodge truck is not going to happen so on to something else for the Durango. Just can't quit with the all wheel drive hemi and the suspension and the tube frame.

-
Back