Durango manifold install on a 64 Barracuda

-

TBIAgent69

Reaction score
I've been looking for an exhaust upgrade for a while for my 64 cuda, and finally settled on the durango manifold swap. I had a problem with the driver's side manifold dumping directly on to the starter, so I ended up using two passenger side manifolds and mounting one backwards on the driver's side. Ghetto? Mabe, but it worked. My exhaust guy ended up putting dual exhausts with flow master 50 type mufflers, can't remember the name. The car sounds waaaaay better and has a lot more oomph to boot. Just wanted to let you guys that's a pretty easy, cheap way to do it. The only thing I did have to modify was lifting the motor about 1/4" with a spacer. I'll try to get pics if anyone is interested.

Hey lets see lots of pics. It's always good to share someones experience with a project that is cost effective and gives mopower! :salut:

Iv'e seen somthin like that before. It was an older gentleman who had a big block in a 63 dart. But he had taken the log manifolds and just swapped sides. It was kinda weird looking at first but it fixed the problem with the steering and starter clearance.

TBIAgent69 said:
I've been looking for an exhaust upgrade for a while for my 64 cuda, and finally settled on the durango manifold swap. I had a problem with the driver's side manifold dumping directly on to the starter, so I ended up using two passenger side manifolds and mounting one backwards on the driver's side. Ghetto? Mabe, but it worked. My exhaust guy ended up putting dual exhausts with flow master 50 type mufflers, can't remember the name. The car sounds waaaaay better and has a lot more oomph to boot. Just wanted to let you guys that's a pretty easy, cheap way to do it. The only thing I did have to modify was lifting the motor about 1/4" with a spacer. I'll try to get pics if anyone is interested.

;)

:worthles:

65s said:
This guy has done it too, http://www.geocities.com/lars_an_artist/durango.html

Does your car have power steering? What year manifolds did you use?

Sorry about the long wait. I don't know what year the manifolds came off of, and I'll try to get pics asap. The car does not have PS, and in fact the down pipe goes where the PS pump would be if it was there. I just finished my rear battery install, as well as an electric fan/mustang radiator install as well, so there's a few things going on right now. I'll try to git pics soon for ya guys.

TBIAgent69 hasn't been on here since his last post on may 18th so don't count on getting them.......

-
Back