"Dusteen", I can rebuild her.....

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Well after much debating among myself about if I should just sell my Duster or keep it, I have decided to keep it and tear it apart to cut out all the rusted areas and rebuild the body and make some drive train changes. It has been 8 yrs since I last had any body work done on my car and i have been buying replacement parts to get this accomplished. I will be starting a thread soon with lots of gory pictures of rear quarter nightmares (rust) My car looked beautiful in 2004 when I got it back from my body guy but now it is starting to bubble and has some spots that need to be reworked. I may be changing the color of the car also. I will probably start this within the next month. I do not drive the car much anymore and have decided that it would be better to start now before I get too old to do the work.
Work will include:
New Rear Quarters
New Drivers side floor pan
New Drivers Fender
New Hood
New Tail Panel
New Trunk pan
Front end rebuild
Change to 8 3/4 Rear
New Braking system all around
Change out Steering Column to floor column
New steering box
Clean and strip underside of car and repaint / POR 15
Find leak in cowl and repair
New Rocker panels
Engine/Transmission change
Add Air Conditioning
Strip car to bare metal and replace all rusted out area's and prime and repaint. (not sure of color yet)
Re stripe and re badge car

I will be looking for more parts as time and budget allow. I have been saving and will have about 7K to put into car,but I may spend more if needed.

-
Back